Role: Practical support for ORL Homes
Hours: Two hours per week
Responsible to: Befriending Coordinator
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post as the post holder will be in contact with
As a volunteer you will be helping us to prepare and maintain ORL properties. We have clients
living in houses which we are renting. The maintenance of these properties are the responsibility
of ORL therefore we are looking for individuals who can offer practical skills e.g. decorating,
gardening, simple DIY e.g. putting up shelves. This will also be an opportunity for you to help our
clients learn some of these basic house maintenance skills.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Enjoy maintenance work and share your interest with others
- To have necessary experience to be able to supervise clients
- Commitment, patience and reliability
- Ability to motivate others and good communication skills
- Ability to cope with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- You need to have belief in the potential of our clients, be supportive, engaging and encouraging.
What commitment do I need to make?
- We would like you to commit to volunteering with us for 6 months
- You will need to be free at least once a week for at least two hours
What support will I receive?
- Induction training to prepare you to volunteer and access to additional training
- Regular support from your volunteer supervisor x Volunteer travel expenses are reimbursed
- Taster session and Induction Training
- Opportunity to provide practical support for the homeless and asylum seekers
- Team working and meeting new people.
Printable PDF of the role description is below: