One Roof Leicester (ORL) is a charity which provides accommodation, support and advice to the homeless, destitute refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerably housed in Leicester. In 2012 we identified the need for groups to work more closely together, to ensure there was daily provision for all homeless people, especially those sleeping rough, and to avoid duplication of services. ORL Partners have been supporting people affected by homelessness for over 40 years; by providing daily hot meals, advice, mentoring, social activities, education and/or accommodation. ORL also promotes and raises awareness within the wider community about homelessness issues. We deliver workshops in schools, talks for faith and community groups, provide support to organisations and individuals wanting to set up new projects and advise those who want to be actively involved.
ORL membership is made up of "Partner" and "Affiliate" organisations.
ORL partner organisations were the driving force behind setting up ORL as a charity, and are involved in developing the strategy and action plan.
Individuals from the partner organisations were the original trustees of ORL.
The founding partner organisations are:
Affiliate organisations support ORL in its work and together we ensure that we provide a range of services which meet the needs of all clients, identify gaps in service and develop new services.
Affiliate organisations are:
- Park Lodge
- The Bridge
- Leicester City Council
- Y Support Project
- British Red Cross
- Open Hands
- Homeless Mental Health Service
- City of Sanctuary
By working in partnership, we want to ensure that all people at risk of, experiencing or previously homeless are provided with sustainable housing and on-going relevant support.
- To support the homeless through the myriad range of services available
- To identify the needs and gaps in service for homeless people
- To build, develop and sustain partnerships which enable collaboration on projects
- To identify new and innovative working practices which support homeless people
- To ensure that the homeless have a voice and that it is heard
- To ensure that the voice of ORL partners is represented at relevant meetings/forums
- To develop a platform for information, communication, conducting surveys and research through the website